End of communication Channel

From: Steven Pannell <steven.pannell_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:16:30 +0100

Hi,

If I run the following statement I get an end of communcation channel error from Oracle and I am disconnected from the database:

SELECT * FROM FORUM WHERE F_ID = F_ID AND F_STATUS = 'P' AND ((CONTAINS(F_TEXT,'hallo') > 0) OR upper(F_TITEL) LIKE '%HALLO%') ORDER BY F_ID DESC However when I remove the F_ID = F_ID from the statement it works fine. as follows:

SELECT * FROM FORUM WHERE F_STATUS = 'P' AND ((CONTAINS(F_TEXT,'hallo') > 0) OR upper(F_TITEL) LIKE '%HALLO%') ORDER BY F_ID DESC OK, it was a mistake that this was in the statment but I am wondering why Oracle would disconnect me when running the statement! An Ideas?

Thanks,
Steve. Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 09:16:30 CST