Re: Is Sr. DBAs afraid of not be able to pass cert exam ??

From: Christian Svensson <chse30_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2002 06:48:35 -0800

> >Last I just want say if a future employer have to choose between two
> >consultants with exact same years of experience and one of them have a
> >DBA OCP, which one do you think they will think of most ?
> >

> That is IMHO a very good argument. And the ONLY one going for OCP
> certification in its present format.

The only one ? How about:

I also want to make it crystal clear that I dont belive in studying 1 week about 12 hours a day and then take the exam and you are automatically an Oracle DBA. To be a DBA you need experience, end of discussion. But studying for the OCP is in my mind one way to get a better DBA or to get a better understanding of Oracle.

Regards.

/Christian Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 08:48:35 CST