AQ - client machine s/w needs?

From: Bas Schulte <bschulte_at_zeelandnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:35:00 +0100

Hi,

I am considering using Oracle's Advancing Queueing option with JMS on top of it. I plan to have one database server, where several queues are defined. Then there are several machines running Tomcat and a servlet that receives requests. Those requests should result in a message posted to one of the queues. Those messages are then handled by some java code on the server.

What I can't quite figure out is what I need Oracle-wise on the client machines. I would imagine Oracle's JMS client-side implementation and a Net8 connection to the server (?). I assume my servlet would use the JMS api as provided by Oracle as there is some implementation-specific stuff in JMS regarding setting up the connection to the JMS provider.

Should I run the 8i installer on the client machines, i.e. is there an option to just install client-side Net8 and/or an AQ .jar option or something similar?

Would love some information, or a pointer to more information (I couldn't quite find anything on otn),

best regards,

Bas A. Schulte. Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 08:35:00 CST