ORACLE 8iPE - problems accessing OMS -

From: Russell <russell_at_smart-e-solutions.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2002 04:25:34 -0800

Hi,

I've recently installed Oracle 8i Personal Edition on my Win2K Adv Server machine. I have no problems getting into DBA studio in STANDALONE MODE and moving around the database instance I've created, but when I try to get into the DBA Studio by logging onto a Management Server or even the Enterprise Manager, I can't get in with either of the 3 standard userid's given (INTERNAL, SYSTEM, or SYS). What haven't I done yet, I know it's going to be something stupid!!!

I've gone through the Enterprise Manager Config process and created a repository with a user access ID or 'SMART-E-SERVER' (the server's name, as suggested).

All I get when trying to access the CONSOLE is error message VTK-1000 asking me to check the login, and the status of the Oracle Management Server.

I'm not sure how to check the OMS status, but the service for OMS has not yet started in the Win2k Services manager. BUT when I try to do a manual start of the Oracle OMS service, it simply fails.

Any ideas anyone, cos I'm tearing my hair out!!!

Many thanks.

R. Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 06:25:34 CST