Re: extensive CPU rate

From: Andre van Winssen \(andrew\) <andrew_at_info.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:44:46 +0100

If you cannot convince them to use bind variables, try forcing it by setting CURSOR_SHARING=FORCE in init.ora file. This setting causes the oracle rdbms to rewrite each sql statement that uses harcoded values with bind variables. Starting with 8.1.7.2 this feature seems to run without bugs. And it's transparent for any application code !

Regards,
Andre van Winssen