Re: How to Create 2nd Instance on NT V8 db

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2002 02:38:01 -0800

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<p08f5uckgtfcm340u23rj9oc1lnqjcl6gq_at_4ax.com>...
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:33:38 GMT, "Steve" <schen_at_prodigy.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I would like to know the easy way to create a 2nd instance on NT V8.1.6 and
> >hope some guru can offer his great insight.
> >
> >Would that be similar to Unix based creation?
> >
> >Very appreciated.
> >
> >Steve
> >
> please replace the g-word by the m-word and look up the docs and/or
> use the database creation assistant. Please do not ask this mere doc
> questions here or hire a consultant to do it for you.

He May Be Using a Home PC... Would you Recommend a Consultant for that Scenario Also ...

> Regards
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Now I am telling this... But i hope u read the concepts manual like Sybrand as told... That is the best way to start.

2nd Instance Is it a Clone of the existing DB or a New Db altogether.

if It is a new DB .. I Would suggest you go ahead and Use DB Configuration Assistant and that will be a Lot Easier.

If it is a Clone it is more complicated... So Pls Refer to the manual and there is a step by step guide to go ahead and do this.

If u want the former to be created manually. Then U have a Beautiful Option in DBCA to generate the Create Script for the Database. Go Through it and that will help.

HTH Regards,
Ganesh R Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 04:38:01 CST