Re: Is Sr. DBAs afraid of not be able to pass cert exam ??

From: Christian Svensson <chse30_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2002 01:49:17 -0800

> If I had a choice of hiring
> someone with 4 years experience and OCP and someone with 10 years of solid
> experience, I'd choose the latter every time. The problem with
> certifications, as all tests, is that the information is soon forgotten once
> it is out of practice.

Very interesting thoughts about this discussion. And of course is experience worth much more than "just" have taken the OCP exams. We all know the "paper-MCSE-story".

From my side the reason for taking the OCP DBA exams is that I want to learn more about the Oracle features. And I agree that there are much stuff that you never will use, but if you never knows which options/features there are available, then you never know if that feature would solve your problem, instead of using that "old-same-proven-solution".

Last I just want say if a future employer have to choose between two consultants with exact same years of experience and one of them have a DBA OCP, which one do you think they will think of most ?

Just some thoughts about this OCP discussion.

Regards

/Christian Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 03:49:17 CST