Re: 9i server performance, 5 million hits per second?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:22:34 GMT

Connor McDonald doodled thusly:

>you can find a system that can read from memory at 'n' ops per second,
>you are going to need 5,000,000 / 'n' machines (and a perfect and
>balanced app) to support this...
>
>Could be a struggle...

or they might just run one of those M$ benchmarks with 1000 servers running the same app and having everything multiplied by the number of servers... I'll bet it will match the 5 million.

So would Oracle, DB2, IMS, Foxpro, etc etc...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 03:22:34 CST