Re: fragmentation analysis

From: Keith Boulton <kboulton_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:21:53 -0000

Fragmentation of the database is highly unlikely to be the cause of the problem you describe.

The fact that it's only some application accounts and not others also seems to indicate an application problem, rather than a server problem.

In toad, you can use the view/trace sga option to see poorly performing sql statements which might show the cause of the problem.

If that doesn't help, you need to trace the sql statements in the logon process to see what is happening. The performance tuning manual discusses how to do this and how to analyse the results.

Of course, it may not be a sql/oracle problem at all.