Navision vs. Oracle

From: MaG <antonio_homepage_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jan 2002 14:24:00 -0800

Hello,

I recently came across a consulting position that involves designing, programming and supporting databases using a software package called 'Navision'. This, I was told, is a direct competitor of Microsoft's Great Plains.

Since my current job does not
involve database programming at all, the Navision consulting job would give me the chance to finally get some experience in the database arena. On the other hand, I was hoping to find a job that would involve Oracle, since what I ultimately want to do is become an Oracle programmer or DBA.

I know that many people in this newsgroup have extensive experience with databases, so I would really appreciate it if you gave me your piece of advice. Should I seek this opportunity or should I wait until an Oracle position comes around?

Thank you in advance. Received on Tue Jan 29 2002 - 16:24:00 CST