Re: Which better - lots of parallel servers or 1 big box

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:17:40 +0100

On 29 Jan 2002 13:56:48 -0600, allenh_at_starbase.neosoft.com (Allen) wrote:

>If you needed a high available database with lots of performance, would
>you rather have several smaller boxes hooked up in a parallel environment
>or one huge server?

You are confusing Parallel Server (several smaller boxes etc...) and Parallel Query (multiple CPUs on one huge server). The former is, other than distributing the workload, going to help you a damn.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jan 29 2002 - 15:17:40 CST