Multiple Tablespaces

From: Dan Souza <dan_souza_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Jan 2002 09:39:31 -0800

We have a 600GB+ DSS. It grows (in terms of new objects added) on a monthly basis. Our data architect is incredibly eager on multiple tablespaces. So far, there are 230+, and there are more to come. Practically every large object has it's own tablespace, and even small ones - there are about 25 tablespaces under 10MB.

Can anybody come up with a reasonable argument as to why so many tablespaces are a good idea? I really can't see any advantages. We backup using RMAN. Received on Tue Jan 29 2002 - 11:39:31 CST