Re: JDBC drivers for Linux

From: Antti Järvinen <costello_at_iki.fi>
Date: 29 Jan 2002 17:50:17 +0200

"Alistair" <alistair.thomson_at_sphinxcst.co.uk> writes:
> I've just been looking on technet and it would appear that you can only get
> JDBC drivers for Solaris and NT! Is this right? I was adfter a JDBC driver
> for Linux.

My understanding about JDBC drivers with Oracle8 is that you get two kinds of drivers: pure java and another using OCI. The pure java driver driver "thin driver" should be usable on any environment that run java, the OCI driver might be trickier. Both drivers come with the database.

The "thin driver" seems to work very well. I've been using that for years, zero problems because of that..but in OSF/1 only, tough I see no reason why I couldn't run the same driver on linux.

--
Antti Järvinen, costello_at_iki.fi
            "concerto for two faggots and orchestra"