Re: client can't connect after RRAS has an external connection

From: Martin Haltmayer <martin.haltmayer_at_d2mail.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:12:27 +0100

Hi Kevin,

if you dial-in you will may get another IP number each time.

So stays your server IP number the same all the time? If not then we already discovered your problem.

To test the connectivity the following procedure proved:

  1. From the client do a "ping qprobe15". It tells you to what IP you try to connect. We assume this works. If not it is not a dial-in or routing problem.
  2. Then go to the server and do a "ping qprobe15". It must resolve to the same IP address as the ping from the client. If not then you have a problem with your /etc/hosts at your server. Fix it. We assume it works.
  3. Then the "tnsping" should work.

Regards,

Martin