Re: Still can't reinstall on W2K

From: Tan Mudzaffar <mudzaffarm_at_logica.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:16:38 +0700

Hi Andy,

What is the exact error you are getting?

There is a problem installing 8i on a >1Gig Intel CPU. You could try this, not sure if this helps.

1. copy the whole Oracle 8i into a local folder.
2. search in that local folder for sym*.dll
3. rename this file
4. Try reinstalling Oracle 8i again.

Tan Mudzaffar
KL, Malaysia