SQL Server to Oracle migration

From: mark <mbmix00_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2002 11:32:38 -0800

I'm in the process of trying to migrate a database from MS SQL Server to Oracle. Most of my experience has been with MySQL and so stored procedures are a whole new ball of wax for me. There is one aspect of the migration that is giving me particular difficulties. At several points, the application that accesses the MS database (via ODBC) makes a call to a stored procedure with multiple select statements. In other words---

Application
function(){

    {call procedure_x()}
    store results

    if(procedure_x() has more results )
    get more results
    store results

    if(procedure_x() has more results )
    get more results
    store results

}

MS SQL Server Database
procedure_x(){

    select ...  from TABLE A WHERE ...
    select ...  from TABLE B WHERE ...
    select ...  from TABLE C WHERE ...

}

Is there any way to code procedure_x() in PL/SQL ? For the most part I've
been dealing with single select statements in the MS database and this one has
really thrown me for a loop.

Thanks very much for any help!

Mark Received on Mon Jan 28 2002 - 13:32:38 CST