Re: Oracle Certification question

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:40:58 +0000

I'll answer your "what's the difference" question.

Would you hire a neurosurgeon who had done the classroom work but had not done an internship under the supervision of another surgeon?

Would you hire an attorney to represent you on a murder case if he had just passed the bar but had no experience in court?

I don't think so.

But what if you had someone with no law school who passed the bar and had practiced law for 20 years including arguing successfully before your state Supreme Court?

I think you get my point. I teach at a University. Obviously I value education and classrooms. All I'm saying is that it is not sufficient anymore than it would be in the above examples.

Daniel Morgan