Re: which OS and hardware configuration.

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:29:55 +0000

I think you've posted your message enough times ... you can stop now. <g>

Your question makes obvious the fact that as you say "we don't have any experience with Oracle." My suggestion is that you get some by hiring several outside experts to help you. You need your lead developer to have extensive Oracle experience. You need a damned good production DBA to oversee the development and testing. And you need someone with good architecture skills.

There is absolutely no answer anyone could possibly post to your question that would have any value based on the information you have provided. Prejudices yes. Answers no. Last year I helped a company do the same thing with their CRP product. Their learning curve was, how can I say it nicely, steep.

Daniel Morgan