problem with Oracle8i install on SUN

From: Cecil D'Souza <ceecil_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:45:50 GMT

Hello,

I am attempting to install Oracle 8i on a SUN SPARC 20. pre-installation tasks as root related to clustering. I do not intend to use clustering.
However, I attempted to pkgadd -d ORCLudlm as stated in the Oracle 8i install cd.
It said partially failed because it had requested to copy and rename the existing cluster name in /usr/SUNWcluster/conf but no cluster existed to begin with.

Since I am not using clustering, I ignored the message : partially failed.

requirement now: to set up user equivalence by adding entries on all nodes in the cluster to either .rhosts or /etc/hosts.equiv file

I would like to know how do I accomplish this in the .rhosts file because I will have at least one local node. What does the rhosts file need to contain.

Thanks for your help.

Cecil Received on Mon Jan 28 2002 - 06:45:50 CST