when to relink Oracle after OS patch

From: Ivan Saez <i.a.saez.scheihing_at_tue.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:49:56 +0100

Hi,

Recommended and security patches are applied on a regular basis to our Sun Solaris 2.8 database server. We use Oracle 8i (8.1.7.2). Are there general guidelines to decide if Oracle should be relinked after applying

a OS patch? I've asked the same question to Oracle and their answer is to relink if possible.
The OS patches are applied unattended. After applying the patches the system is rebooted. One option is to use 'relink all' at boot time.

kind regards,

Ivan Received on Mon Jan 28 2002 - 01:49:56 CST