REPOST: Re: Scripts to generate views and tables

From: Mark Malakanov <markmal_no_spam_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:26:30 GMT

I'm in the process of writing such application.

As fast-n-dirty solution you can get export without rows (rows=n), Then, get strings with "CREATE TABLE ", "GRANT " and so on from the export dump file.

cat expdat.dmp|strings|grep -e '^CREATE TABLE ' -e '^GRANT ' >script.sql

I would not recommend to extract stored PL/SQL that way.

Mark

Vinnie wrote:

> I'm running an Oracle 8.0.6 database and would like to see if there is a
> script which I can run which will in turn generate both tables and views for
> a test version of our production database. I don't want to use the
> export/import because I'd like to modify several of the tables at the time
> of creation. I saw a couple of scripts on Metalink but they were all crap.
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Sun Jan 27 2002 - 12:26:30 CST