Re: Which Oracle for RedHat 7.x ?

From: Kim Emax - ayianapa.dk <newsgroup_at_fjerndette-ayianapa.dk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:07:38 +0100

"Vincent GRENET" <vincent.grenet_at_evistel.com> wrote

> Which releases of Oracle 8/8i/9 are certified for Linux RedHat 7.x ?
> Is there a page where I can find this info ?
>
> I still have not decided which RHS 7.x I will pick up, so I am looking for
> this information for 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2, but preferably for 7.2.

I had a lot of trouble installing oracle8i 8.1.7 on my RH7.1 basic installed, but I finally found out, when I started from scratch again using this guide: http://www.idevelopment.info/ -> dba tips -> tip#54. Apparently I used a wrong setup in my .bash_profile. Also I installed 3 compats not mentioned in this guide:

compat-libstdc++-6.2-2.9.0.14
compat-egcs-objc-6.2-1.1.2.14
compat-egcs-c++-6.2-1.1.2.14

I really don´t know if these 3 packages did the trick or the altered .bash_profile, since I was SO HAPPY when it finally worked :-)

I will put all the knowledge I´ve gained and the links I´ve collected online here: www.emax.dk/oracle/

--
Take Care
Kim Emax