Re: How to CLONE a database.

From: Keith Boulton <kboulton_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:43:16 -0000

Andrej <andrej611_at_wp.pl> wrote in message news:a30gfj$h5o$1_at_korweta.task.gda.pl...

> The problem is I need to run the instances on THE SAME machine ...
I really don't think it's wise to run both on the same machine. If only takes a slight error during the copy process to corrupt your production database.

> The solution would work if I had a spare server. But I do not.

These days, I mostly copy the production database to my desktop PC and work with it there. Memory is cheap and so are disks and you load the production machine. Received on Sun Jan 27 2002 - 05:43:16 CST