REPOST: Re: Reinstall fails on W2K

From: Andy Kent <andykent.bristol.DontSpamMe_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 23:51:37 -0000

Thanks for such a quick reply!

Unfortunately I can't run ORADIM as it's all been uninstalled. There is no evidence of any services, and I've tried removing anything beginning 'Ora' from the registry. The old datafiles are still on the system though, but I can't imagine having these there would cause it to barf - would it...?

-Andy-

"Daniel A. Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3C52CD18.1F99BB50_at_exxesolutions.com...
> -- one possible solution.
>
> Start of using ORADIM to drop the services.
>
> Then reboot.
>
> Then drop the database.
>
> Then clean out the registry.
>
> Then reboot.
>
> Then reinstall.
>
> Daniel Morgan
>

> Andy Kent wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to reinstall Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition to a different
drive
> > on a test W2K box.
> > I've run the uninstall script but now the installation doesn't work. If
> > install to the D: drive, it gets 3% through (to "Loading Database Verify
> > Utility") then just disappears from the screen. If I try installing it
> > the C: drive, it gets 4% through and then the same thing happens. In
neither
> > case had it copied anything to the installation directory.
> >
> > What's going on?
> >
> > --
> > -Andy Kent-
> > Bristol, England
> >
> > Remove '.DontSpamMe' from return address to respond by email.

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Sat Jan 26 2002 - 17:51:37 CST