Oracle Backup Recovery and Roles Questions ?

From: Tapas Guha <tguha_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:09:20 -0500

Hi All,
I have 2 issues i would like to know the solutions. Environment : OS-Windows/NT40 Server
Database: Oracle Datbase 8.1.6

I am trying to restore database in the following scenario. I have a complete database backup (level0) I have a incremental database backup (level1) I have no files in archive log directory. Before backup the database i have archived log all.

Now I restored the complete database and then i restored the incremental backup using noredo command.
After that, oracle is asking for redo log files for media recovery.

My question is
1. Does RMAN doesn't back up the current redo logs during comple database or incremental database backup ?

How possibly I can backup online redo logs ?

Roles Question
I want to test the feature of Enabling OS roles feature. When i enable os roles paramter in init.ora files, I don't see the corresponding roles being granted to the user.

Can anyone explain the steps of enabling OS roles features in NT environments ?

Thanx in advance for clues/suggestions.
Email:tguha_at_hotmail.com Received on Sat Jan 26 2002 - 16:09:20 CST