Re: Oracle 8.1.7 SuSE 7.3 Linux Install

From: Edzard <edzard_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 26 Jan 2002 12:09:01 -0800

Hello,

The Oracle9i is even more straightforward to install on Suze 7.3 Linux distribution. You only need one fix in a link script. See:

http://www.suse.com/en/support/oracle/db/9i_73.html

The installer still posed me one confusing question about the location of a certain directory. I assumed this was for the Blackdown JDK-1.1.8 and downloaded it, just to be sure. May be the Apache part still uses that.

Edzard.