Please help to install 9iAS1.0.2.2.2 with 9idb9.0.1.1.1 on the SAME W2000 Machine...

From: Henry Kam <hkskam_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:03:39 GMT

I have problem to install 9iAS1.0.2.2.2 with 9idb9.0.1.1.1 on the SAME W2000 Machine
(AMD 1.4/768MRAM/Promise Ultra IDE controller/IBM 41G Disk), Any help/advise will be much appreciated...

9idb9.0.1.1.1 (Enterprise Edition Without OEM and HTTP) was successfully installed
with System=1100M USERS=500M PORTAL(new tablespace)=220M

                           open_cursors=300 shared_pool_size=100M
java_pool_size=60M
                           processes=300
                   tnsnames.ora created by 9idb installed (no modification)
9iAS 1.0.2.2.2 Enterprise Edition's installation (all except management server were
selected for configuration) hang at 100% and was killed after 20 minutes( Should I wait for
longer?). Discoverer 4i/Form6i/Report6i installed (no Errors). What should I do next?

   The last few lines in log are as follows

Starting install install phase 2 of component PL/SQL Required Support Files Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle 9iAS Containers for J2EE
Starting install install phase 2 of component DBUI Starting install install phase 2 of component Platform Required Support Files
Starting install install phase 2 of component Net8 Required Support Files Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle Forms & Reports Server Patch for iAS
Starting install install phase 2 of component Java Runtime Environment Starting install install phase 2 of component Extended Windowing Toolkit Starting install install phase 2 of component NLS Required Support Files Starting install install phase 2 of component Web Integration Server Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle9i Application Server Wireless Edition Core
Calling action SpawnActions2.0.1.4.0 Spawn  installcommand = C:\ORACLE\iSuites/panama/sql/create_aq.bat  deinstallcommand = null
 WaitForCompletion = null

Thanks in advance,
Henry
P.S.
9iAs10222 hangs at different point when installation was performed on the following
setup(hang at dicoverer/form/report installation)

Machine 1: AMD 1.4G 512M RAM
 NT 4.0 sp 5
 oracle 817 enterprise edition
 acts as the origin database with the following tablespaces before installation of 9iAS

     SYSTEM 1200M    43% used after installation
     DRSYS    88M
     RBS     520M
     TEMP     72M
     TOOLS    12M
     USERS   500M    44% used after installation
     redo      1M (three)

Machine 2: AMD 1.4G 512M RAM
 NT 4.0 sp 5
 9iAs1.0.2.2.2 enterprise edition
 Installation stops at 60% during installing Discoverer Plus
 Oracle installer NOT responding
 I kill that process to let installation to continue

 Installation stops at 81% during installing oracle report server 6.5.1
 Oracle installer NOT responding
 I also kill that process to let installation to continue

 As a result, I has to ignore a couple of errors

                to continue the installation.

 All except discoverer/Report/DataCache seem OK  Database (SID=icache) created with default tablespace

           rbs           131M
           sort          262M
           system        245M
           users         32M