REPOST: Archive Log Affect Performance?: UPDATE

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 26 Jan 2002 01:27:25 GMT

FYI Today I ran the test to figure out whether archive logging on a large update affects performance. This question caused a minor flurry of posts last week. Results are below:

environment: HP K580 , Unix 11, ORA 8.1.7 test set = 230000 records

Arch logging		Time
Yes			952 seconds
No				958 seconds

I don't believe the 6 seconds is significant when consider the background noise (other processes) on the machine. This test machine had 13 other instances.

I guess I need a larger dataset to increase the precision.

Cliff

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 19:27:25 CST