REPOST: export/import data integrity question

From: Al <arainx_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2002 15:05:32 -0800

I need to get a database exported from an oracle server (8.16) on solaris and then be able to mine it on an NT machine where i have an 8.15 installed, or import it into mysql on linux maybe. The size is around 10gb with 100 tables and I dont have the schema available to me.

The 8.16 database on unix is backed up daily onto a tape using veritas backup, but i dont have either sun hardware or veritas to restore the backup which could be given to me. I will have access to the database for a day or two and thats when i need to get the data in such a format so I can use on my NT or Linux server.

First of all is this possible? What would i need to do once i have access to the database? What command should I use to get the data and the schema so I can recreate the db on NT/Linux? Do I need to check the quality of the data before I take it? How do i check if the data in the tables is corrupted or not in oracle? I dont want to end up with data i cant use.

Thank you

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 17:05:32 CST