REPOST: Re: mysql to oracle migration

From: Dmitry <support_at_ispirer.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:21:24 +0200

Hi,

Unlike MySQL you can have one database per Oracle server (instance). Probably you have to move MySQL databases into one Oracle database. For each MySQL database you can create a schema in the Oracle database.

Consider rewriting application (web site) logic using stored procedures. Also Oracle SQL is much better than MySQL SQL.

There are some migration tool that can help you to migrate MySQL databases into Oracle, for example Oracle Migration Workbench (http://technet.oracle.com), Chyfo (www.ispirer.com/products)

 Best regards, Dmitry

"philip johnson" <philip.johnson_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:a2q9rq$86n$1_at_wanadoo.fr...
> What you should know is that we have Oracle Application.
> We have many databases from intranet, and some other little applications.
>
> What could justify, expect the fact we need to pay, a migration from
mysql
> to oracle ?

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 08:21:24 CST