REPOST: Re: Stop/kill runnind dbms_job process ?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:27:31 +0000

Henry wrote:

> Is there a way to do it ?
>
> 1. dbms_job.remove ... does not stop running job
>
> 2. alter system kill session ...
> in my testing example it returns ORA-00031: session marked for kill but then
> it creates new session with same sid but new serial# and remains there even
> is my testing job is one-time run only (the interval parameter for job is
> null).
> The second thing is that for alter system kill session you need system
> privileges and I would like to be able to do it from application (user
> account).
>
> Do you have any ideas ?
> Thanks.

more recent versions of oracle have an 'immediate' option on kill session which may assist.

hth
connor

--
Connor McDonald

http://www.oracledba.co.uk

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:
From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Control: cancel <3C51CDC3.410A_at_yahoo.com>
Subject: cmsg cancel <3C51CDC3.410A_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:48:57 GMT
Newsgroups: microsoft.test,alt.flame.niggers,comp.databases.oracle.server

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers.