Re: Oracle versus Sqlserver

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:13:39 +0000

Well for one thing it is far easier to put rogue code onto the machine to snoop out passwords. I wrote an article some years back for for a major database publication on the fact that Microsoft's ODBC trace facility did not obscure passwords in the trace file ... listed them in plain text.

Something you would never see on a UNIX box.

Daniel Morgan