Re: Scripts to generate views and tables

From: Tom Dyess <tdyess_at_dyessindustries.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:37:13 GMT

Oh, a note on that, concerning referential integrity of creating the tables in the correct order, you would want to look at ALL_DEPENDENCIES and ALL_CONSTRAINTS as well. Getting into ALL_DEPENDENCIES may be more trouble that it is worth. You can get around this (total hack) by just running the script several times ignoring errors. It's not pretty, but it saves time.

You can also use a program called PowerDesigner to reverse engineer a database and recreate the dropscript. I think it ignores table creation order when dealing with referential integrity (i.e. parent tables must be created before child tables, or all tables must be created before referential constraints are in place).

Tom
www.oraclepower.com