Re: Slackware 8.0 and Oracle 8i

From: <mark_cudworth_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:45:13 -0000

Oracle 8i <redk_at_videotron.ca> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've looked on google and otn and didn't find any reference to this
> problem. I'm installing Oracle 8i on Slackware 8.0. I've solved most
> of the problems (including the downgraded binutils), but i'm stuck on
> something. At the linking phase, I get the following error :

[snip]

> /opt/oracle/lib//libwtc8.so: undefined reference to `atexit@@GLIBC_2.0'

[snip]

> libwtc8.so is linked against /lib/libc.so.6 which is version 2.2.x on
> this distribution. If anyone has any ideas, it's appreciated.

I have Oracle 8i running on Slackware 7.1. The lib libwtc8.so is linked to /lib/libc.so.6, which is a symbolic link to libc-2.1.3.so. When I run the command "nm -D libc-2.1.3.so | head" I get:

	00000000 A GLIBC_2.0
	00000000 A GLIBC_2.1
	00000000 A GLIBC_2.1.1
	00000000 A GLIBC_2.1.2
	00000000 A GLIBC_2.1.3
	0008cee0 W _Exit
	000e3200 D _IO_2_1_stderr_
	000e3080 D _IO_2_1_stdin_
	000e3140 D _IO_2_1_stdout_
	0005518c T _IO_adjust_column

Notice the "GLIBC_2.0" at the very top. I wonder if this identifier is not available in libc-2.2.x? Try using nm on your libc.so to see if this is the case.

You may need to install an older C library on your system. Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 10:45:13 CST