Re: Java SP writing to file system

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:16:43 GMT

Tarik doodled thusly:

>What's that an Aussie thing then? :-)

YMMV? No way. USA. Or UK?

>Anyway, I got it working by specifying the file name! As my SP writes
>to the same file everytime it's not really an issue.

I'd have thought you'd need the file name always?

>But what you're
>saying is I should be specifying the NT account name not the Oracle
>account? That would make sense as I suppose the Java VM doesn't know
>anything about Oracle users does it?

More or less. The whole JRE in NT is weird, to say the least. I tend to dedicate one account to it and play only in there. I was referring to thinking of "Everyone" as a group. It isn't. NT internally should consider it as a group name, but it doesn't always. Eg, in the absence of any specific access rights for user SYSTEM if you grant open access to Everyone, SYSTEM-owned processes still won't be able to get in. Don't ask me how I found this out...

The whole interface of JRE Java, JServer Java and NT security needs a whole book written about it! Or at least someone like Jonathan to give it a good poke and find out exactly what the combos are and what is possible. Too darn confusing as is.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 09:16:43 CST