REPOST: Re: ORA-12705 weird problem gets more weird

From: Andre <Andre.Seesink_at_TheLodge.nl>
Date: 24 Jan 2002 08:14:39 -0800

To make this more weird I tried the following: unix> sqlplus /

SQL> select count(*) from zfindau;
select count(*) from zfindau

                     *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified ORA-02063: preceding line from HUBD
SQL> connect system/<password>
SQL> connect /
SQL> select count(*) from zfindau;

  COUNT(*)

     74991

So I dit not exit SQL*Plus. What is happening here????? What to do for the solution

Andre Seesink

Andre.Seesink_at_TheLodge.nl (Andre) wrote in message news:<4b24dbe0.0201240035.390534d3_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
> I logon with a userid td1adm on a Unix system and start sqlplus.
> table zfindau is a symbolic link using a database link.
>
> unix> sqlplus /
>
> SQL> select count(*) from zfindau;
> select count(*) from zfindau
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified
> ORA-02063: preceding line from HUBD
> SQL> exit
>
> (I am still connected with the same user in Unix, but connect with a
> different Oracle user. So Unix environment variables are still the
> same!)
>
> benist01:td1adm 2> sqlplus sapr3
> Enter password:
> SQL> select count(*) from zfindau;
>
> COUNT(*)
> 74991
>

> Does anyone have a clue what's going on here??????
>
> Andre Seesink

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Thu Jan 24 2002 - 10:14:39 CST