REPOST: Extracting data from longraw datatype

From: Tony Ferrazzo <tferrazz_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:22:00 +1100

Hi,

     A work colleague told they had a table on oracle 7.3.? that uses datatype longraw to store word ( I assume ms word) documents within the table. They are looking at upgrading the application to a web front end and will need to extract the documents so they can be placed somewhere on the server with the appropriate web links to them.

My question is how would one extract this data from the table. I am told there are around 200,000 documents stored in a 14gb table. Are there any special tools, commands to view, and or extract this info.

Thanks in advance

Tony Ferrazzo
tferrazz_at_hotmail.com

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Thu Jan 24 2002 - 07:22:00 CST