REPOST: Re: Problem dropping an index

From: Nasir Mohammed <nasir_mohd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:49:59 -0800

SQL> select *
  2 from v$session_wait
  3 where sid=139;

                 SID                 SEQ#

-------------------- --------------------
EVENT

P1TEXT
P1
---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

P1RAW P2TEXT
---------------- -----------------------------------------------------------

                  P2 P2RAW

-------------------- ----------------

P3TEXT
P3
---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

P3RAW                       WAIT_TIME      SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE

---------------- -------------------- -------------------- -----------------
-- 139 37635
library cache lock
handle address
13835058065043421456
C000000245D0F910 lock address
13835058064704206528 C00000023198F6C0
10*mode+namespace
31
000000000000001F                    0                    0 WAITING

"Fergus" <sinhask_at_swbell.net> wrote in message news:RUM38.4637$HV6.1816034354_at_newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... >
> > It doesn't give any errors. The session just hangs. During this time, even

> > describing the table from other session doesn't work.
> >

> You need to find out what the session is waiting on -  find out your
> session_id
> from v$session and then from v$session_wait find out what is it waiting
on.
> based on that  - you can drill down further - at least if you post your
> results
> from v$session_wait - we can probably assist.

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Thu Jan 24 2002 - 12:49:59 CST