Re: Question about entry in sqlnet.trc file

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:19:31 +0100

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:46:12 GMT, Ed_Stevens_at_nospam.noway.nohow (Ed Stevens) wrote:

>Platform: 8.0.5 on NT 4
>
>While digging through a sqlnet trace file (client side) I came across this block
>of entries
>
>--- PARAMETER SOURCE INFORMATION FOLLOWS ---
>Attempted load of system pfile source c:\oracle\ora81\network\admin\sqlnet.ora
>Parameter source loaded successfully
>
>Attempted load of local pfile source g:\sql\sqlnet.ora
>Parameter source was not loaded
>
> -> PARAMETER TABLE LOAD RESULTS FOLLOW <-
><snip>
>--- PARAMETER SOURCE INFORMATION ENDS ---
>
>--- LOG CONFIGURATION INFORMATION FOLLOWS ---
>Log stream will be "g:\sql\sqlnet.log"
>Log stream validation not requested
>--- LOG CONFIGURATION INFORMATION ENDS ---
>

>What caught my eye were the two references to "g:\sql\ . . ." My g: drive is
>mapped to a private folder on a departmental file server. The \sql directory is
>one I created to hold my mostly ad hoc sql files. There is no reference to this
>directory in my registry, the system or user PATH variables, nor in the SQLPATH
>variable. So why is sqlnet looking there for configuration files?

Look in your sqlnet.ora. If it's not there this is the default working directory, or the working directory associated with your sql*plus shortcut.
Oracle is not making things up, what you defined is what you get. If you didn't define anything you get the defaults.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jan 24 2002 - 15:19:31 CST