Re: DESC difference between 7 & 8?

From: Calvin Crumrine <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:05:02 -0900

It looks like you're right because I just discovered that the problem comes & goes. It was totally consistent yesterday but when I checked it just now the problem had disappeared. We've been having memory problems on the 7.3.4 server (unable to allocate cache memory) but this problem is showing up on the 8.1.7 server. Could the fact that I switch between the 2 be causing the problem to 'travel'? So far I'm the only one using the 8.1.7 server (I'm setting up/testing the scripts to create the database & transfer the data, plus finding out what changes are needed in our applications) so maybe I'll get some others using it & see how they do.

Thanks.