Re: connect / as sysdba

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:04:42 +0100

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:31:03 +0100, "marcin" <gormar_at_poczta.wprost.pl> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>something went wrong while installing OMS and OEM, and since then I cannot
>connect / as sysdba while being logged in as system nor sys.
>
>Getting ORA-01031 Insufficient privileges.
>
>I assume I can give myself those privileges however there is a question from
>which user should grant be issued and which one ?
>
>grant SYSDBA to system,sys; would probably solve the problem - is there any
>user that is still having that right. (internal does not)
>
>regards
>
>marcin

Please post your platform, and it should be possible to provide and adequate solution.
Currently you still should be able to use connect internal/<password> as defined in the password file, you only lost O/S authenticated access.
You shouldn't grant SYSDBA to SYSTEM and by default you can't This is dependent on the value of init.ora's remote_password_file as follows

value                   SYS       INTERNAL <any user, incl SYSTEM>
NONE                N           DBA, OPER   N           (default)
SHARED           D,O       D, O                 N
EXCLUSIVE     D,O       D, O                 grantable

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jan 24 2002 - 10:04:42 CST