9i Intermedia Text ORA-03113 when indexing PDF documents

From: Achille Carette <acarette_nospam_at_aprico-consult.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:46:07 +0100

Oracle 9.0.1.1 / Win2000 SP2

I'm trying to create an index on a column containing PDF files, using the CREATE INDEX DOCUMENTS_TEXT_CX ON DOCUMENTS(TEXT) INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT. The TEXT column contains a PDF file. For some documents, i get the ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel error.

The CREATE INDEX column launches ctxhx for each row. I tried to run ctxhx alone, and it runs just fine.

I don't have any problem with other formats, as MS Word or PowerPoint.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance,

Achille Received on Thu Jan 24 2002 - 09:46:07 CST