Re: # of CPUs supported

From: Tom Dyess <tdyess_at_dyessindustries.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:19:57 GMT

I don't think they would either. I think it just spawns processes then lets the OS handle them however it handles application processes (vs kernel processes). This is solaris; there may be a limit in NT (I think NT4 will only support 4 without a special revision). A place where I did some contract work had a HP V-Class with 12 processors and an NEC (special revision) NT box with 8.

Mmmm HP V-Class....

Tom
www.oraclepower.com

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/server.816/a76962/ch4.htm#73594