Re: Hinting optimizer to use multiple indexes

From: Fergus <sinhask_at_swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:09:49 GMT

Tables A & B both have indexes on the nullable IND_COL column.

		A hint has been supplied suggesting that these indexes should
		be used.  The VALUE column in both tables is unindexed.

SELECT /*+ index(A)  index(B) */ *
		FROM   A,B
		WHERE  A.ind_col = B.ind_col
		AND    A.value   = 1
		AND    B.value   = 2

- Hints should not reference the schema name.
	  Eg: 	SELECT /*+ index(scott.emp emp1) */ ... should not be used.
	  	Alias the tablename instead and use the alias in the hint.