Re: please help oracle idiot.....listener?......service naming?.......eh?

From: Chris Weiss <chris_at_www.hpdbe.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:30:06 -0500

Unless you are tied to this configuration, join Oracle Technet:

technet.oracle.com

Install Oracle 8i on a NT or 2000 machine and use this in place of the personal edition. It is not worth the bother to work with the personal edition. If you can, 9i is certified for XP.

Oracle EE has the database assistant that will build a database for you mindlessly, which is perfect for proof of concept or prototyping.

Good Luck!

--

Chris Weiss