Installation advice in a CompaqML370 with Linux.

From: Fernando Ruza <fruza_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2002 09:13:59 -0800

Hi,

Thanks for reading this post.
I have a new Compaq ML370 server. I'm planning to have it as a datawarehouse database with Oracle8i/9i and Linux RedHat 7.1. This server has four hard disk (SCSI 18Gb each) with a Smart Array Controller 5i which is able to do RAID 1 and 5.

I need advice about the planning of the installation. How to distribute the oracle database files amongs the disks for a good performance. Is this planification important if I have RAID 5 ??

Anyway, just ideas about how you would do the installation of an Oracle datawarehouse database in this kind of server.

Thanks in advance to any reply,

Fernando Ruza
fruza_at_axial-tbg.com Received on Wed Jan 23 2002 - 11:13:59 CST