Re: help: shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc is obsolete

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2002 05:46:39 -0800

u518615722_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net (Mike F) wrote in message news:<l.1011731894.1886077880@[64.94.198.252]>...
> we are using 8.1.7.2. The init parameter
> shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc is obsolete, so how can we know what
> defines the large object, what is the small object?
>

> Thanks for you help.

Oracle has made shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc an underbar parameter so you can look at the underbar parameters and see their default values

The above can be customized as desired. Remember to switch to sys since this uses the X$ tables. Also the default value for this parameter seems to be platform specific as Oracle support told me it was a certain size per their documentation but the query showed our default size being different.