got a core dump when running sqlplus (oracle 816 on HPUX 11)

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:33:35 -0000

Just to follow up on Daniel's advice,

if you install 817 32 bit on HP UX 11.00 then you should be ok, however, if you install 64 bit, then do this BEFORE installing to save you the hassle of finding out the hard way (by errors such as 'Error in invoking target "install" of makefile blah" once ot twice during the install) :

run SAM and check the kernel parameters MAXDSIZ and MAXDSIZ_64BIT. These need to be upped to at least 300Mb from the default of 65536. MAXDSIZ_64BIT was ok on my L class, but MAXDSIZ was way too small. I set it to 300MB and the install worked.

Also, make sure that :

LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes $ORACLE_HOME/lib64 LD_LIBRARY_PATH does NOT include $ORACLE_HOME/lib SHLIB_PATH includes $ORACLE_HOME/lib.
SHLIB_PATH does NOT include $ORACLE_HOME/lib64.

BEFORE you start installing.

Have fun.