Re: intermedia Text Question

From: Jeremy Ovenden <jovenden_NOSPAM_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:17:30 -0000

"timkarnold" <timkarnold_at_home.com> wrote in message news:2Ve18.77670$fo.28115386_at_news1.rdc1.md.home.com...

> "Thomas Hesse" <thomas.hesse_at_team.xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > Hi Jeremy,
> >
> > > I was thinking along the lines of manually invoking
> > > $ORACLE_HOME/ctcx/lib/ctxhx to extract the text from the uploaded
> document
> > > and then write the resultant text back into the table.
> >
> > I think this is an easy way when you don't want to change to index
> > preferences.
> > Because it makes no sense to index all your text documents with the INSO
> > filter.
> >
> > Thomas
>
> I think I would go the other way and add another column (for BFILE or File
> Datastore) and have 2 policies.
> The only problem is on the front-end where you would need to duplicate the
> query for each policy.
>
> Let us know which one you use.
>
> Tim

Just FYI I decided to go the 1st way, and so far this seems to work very well. I invoke the ctxhx executable via a java stored procedure. The engineering for this option is significantly less than altering the front-end app to query two different text indexes.

cheers
jeremy Received on Wed Jan 23 2002 - 03:17:30 CST