Re: Need help on restoring a database on Unix

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:41:51 GMT

Shutdown abort is dangerous, because the instance has to do recovery next time you want to start it up. Unless you have everything prepared for media recovery (archives, archives, archives), please do "immediate" instead of abort. That one does a checkpoint before it stopping everything, which means that the instance doesn't have to recover.